Monday, September 24, 2007

Cuddle Time

Life Balance: a feat we try to achieve while searching to be the best that we can we, while simultaneously raising our children to do the same. This is the equilibrium in our inner life force whereby our heartbeat matches the divine force that exists all around us. When this life balance peaks, our sense of peace, joy, love and wisdom act as one with our very souls.

Are you sunshine or are you darkness in the morning?

I woke up this morning to a soft, cool air. The light breeze came in the window and stirred me awake to pull the covers over my toes. I love cuddling in the fluffiness of the comforter and rolling up in its softness. There’s nothing better than having a few minutes to roll over and enjoy the cool, fresh pillows.

When the twins were little we always had cuddle time in the morning. They would join me in cuddling in my big bed and we would just take a few minutes to wake up. We would read little stories, do word search puzzles, or look for items in the “I Spy” books. As they got older, we added our warm morning drinks to the picture, coffee and hot chocolate. It was great just to feel their laughter and joy so early in the morning. One of my most prized possessions is the drawing of cuddle time cupcake made for me in the 3rd grade. I have it on my keychain.

I always wake up instantly, ready to go. My little muffin boy twin is the same way, just instantly aware and in tune with the day. My cupcake girl twin would be better off if she didn’t need to see the light of day before noon. Discussing things with her is a waste since she would not remember them. She’s best left to her own wake up methods. Coffee is a must for her and has been for awhile. It’s really a latte, half milk, one quarter sugar, one quarter coffee, but it does the trick. Silence and being left alone are the best things for her in the morning. She definitely needs her space.

My experience is that people are one way or the other with the waking up. Either you are a bundle of sunshine or you’re not. There’s no way around it. And everyone better clear out and understand this, or your mornings will be a bear to get thru. As for me, cuddling and enjoying my morning coffee are the way to go.

Which one are you?

No comments: